Thursday, December 13, 2007

FAVORITE MUSIC OF 2007 AND OTHER LISTS

20 FAVORITE ALBUMS OF 2007:

1. Radiohead - In Rainbows
2. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
3. Okkervil River - The Stage Names
4. Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha
5. Feist - The Reminder
7. Kanye West - Graduation
8. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
9. Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala
10. The National - Boxer
11. The Shins - Wincing The Night Away
12. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
13. Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings
14. Panda Bear - Person Pitch
15. Holy Fuck - Holy Fuck LP
16. Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
17. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
18. Menomena - Friend and Foe
19. Tullycraft - Every Scene Needs A Center
20. Justice - †

Does anyone else have a list?

A list of anything?

List of favorite shoes worn in 2007?

Here is my list of favorite shoes worn in 2007

FAVORITE SHOES WORN IN 2007:

1. My white Onitsuka's. The really fucked up pair.
2. My brown Onitsuka's. (R.I.P.) They got destroyed when I was fueling a helicopter and spilled a gallon of jet fuel on myself.
3. My OTHER white Onitsuka's. They are pretty cool.
4. My newest pair of white Onitsuka's. They have yellow on them and they look like running shoes kind of.


Here is a list of things I would like to avoid eating in 2008

LIST OF THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO AVOID EATING IN 2008:

1. Macaroni & Cheese
2. Snakes
3. Bees


Here is a list of things I would rather do than work at the warehouse where I work.

LIST OF THINGS I WOULD RATHER DO THAN WORK AT THE WAREHOUSE:

1. Pull my teeth out and sharpen them and then use the sharpened teeth to cut off my fingers and then sharpen the bones of my fingers and then stab my eyes.
2. Attack people.
3. Read.


Here is a list of cutest cats I have been around in 2007.

LIST OF CUTEST CATS I HAVE BEEN AROUND IN 2007:

1. My cat Pedro.
2. Kelsey's cat Sam.
3. Bearface.
4. N.W.


Have a good 2008. Don't die.

5 comments:

Alex said...

bearface is #1 Cracker!

Good lists otherwise. I too will avoid bees.

Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chuck said...

The albums in bold are the ones I agree on. The albums in italics are the one's I don't agree on. The rest I have not heard yet, but since you posted them here, declaring their brilliance I will thus have to go listen to them solely for the reason that you surely can't be listening to more music than me because I'm a rock journalist and you're not.

1. Radiohead - In Rainbows
2. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
3. Okkervil River - The Stage Names
4. Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha
5. Feist - The Reminder
7. Kanye West - Graduation
8. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
9. Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala
10. The National - Boxer
11. The Shins - Wincing The Night Away
12. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
13. Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings
14. Panda Bear - Person Pitch
15. Holy Fuck - Holy Fuck LP
16. Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
17. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
18. Menomena - Friend and Foe
19. Tullycraft - Every Scene Needs A Center
20. Justice - †

Bryan said...

I AM EXCITED TO HAVE A ROCK CRITIC AGREE WITH ME ON THINGS!

but kanye's album was dope, foo.

i know you probably were expecting something different from the shins like i was. the vocals were too filtered. i know. but it is a great break up album. it's not as much of an artistic statement like 'chutes too narrow' or 'oh inverted world.'

it's the best album that starbucks supported for this year. go them? go starfucks.

and the wilco album...

it snuck onto this list.

the guitars take it away on this album. i think nels cline's contribution to the album was invaluable. the songwriting is lacking. which is weird for tweedy.

"what light" is like a crappy grateful dead song. tweedy is better than that.

but the album is still good. impossible germay has amazing guitar. amazing.

Chuck said...

I like Kayne's song "Flashing Lights" but the rest just weren't my cup of tea.

And I certainly play "Wincing the Night Away" about once a week on my rotation at work, but just didn't make my top 10.

and "Sky Blue Sky," meh. I saw them at Bumbershoot in 2003 and they were pretty solid then.