Tuesday, April 1, 2008

new poem +a hybrid+

Ode to oh-oh-oh-oh

Jump back, what's that sound?
My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains
My sense, as though I had drunk
an on-ramp. I can barely see the road from
the heat comin' off of hemlock.
Comin' through my bedroom.

Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains.
Here she comes, full blast and top down
One minute past, and Lethe-wards had sunk:
'Tis not through envy of thy happy lot,
But being too happy in thine power steerin', -
That thou, light-winger, hot shoe, burnin' down the avenue?

Ain't nothin' like it, her shiny
Dryad of the trees,
In some melodious plot
Poppin' shadows of beechen green
Singest of summer in full-throated ease,
“I'll get her! Keep the movin' parts clean.”

Uh!
Ah-huh!

5 comments:

Steve said...

So, I wrote my first poem.

What's this thing called again?

Genevieve said...

What a fantastic mix of genres!

Alex said...

um... beautiful?

Bryan Coffelt said...

steve:

napowrimo

Nicholas said...

Your structure with this one blows my mind. Well done friend.