Sunday, May 17, 2009

Things Are Happening Very Fast

Things Are Happening Very Fast: A Timeline

1. Quit job due to unsatisfactory working conditions and lack of adequate neural stimulation - (5/8/2009)

This was planned.

2. Moving out of apartment intending to live with girlfriend - (move out date is 5/31/2009)

This was planned.

3. 3-year relationship with girlfriend comes to an end - (5/8/2009)

This was not planned.

4. Will live on couches or sleep in my car or camp all summer - (dates and places TBD)

This was not planned.

5. Will earn income doing things I like, though it won't be a steady income - (dates of employment TBD)

This was planned.

6. Going to Portland to see Grizzly Bear and St. Vincent - (5/24/2009 - 5/26/2009)

This is planned.

7. Seeing Wilco at the Britt Festival if I can get a ticket - (6/30/2009)

This is planned.

8. Seeing Sonic Youth in Portland if I can get a ticket - (7/28/2009)

This is planned.

9. Moving to Portland to start MA program in Publishing - (c. August 2009)


This was planned.

10. ? - (September 2009 - end of life)

This is not planned.

4 comments:

Annie Lo said...

http://www.couchsurfing.com
is where you can find people with (free) open houses for weary and wary travelers. I stayed at a house in the San Juan islands where I got to feed sheep and bathe in an oceanside, Japanese- woodstove-powered tub. I highly recommend it.

Bryan Coffelt said...

Thank you. Luckily I have friends in Ashland I can stay with. I just don't want to wear out my welcome anywhere.

Annie Lo said...

If you do wear out your welcome, there's always the woods.
In Oregon one can camp anywhere on BLM land for 14 days for free, unless otherwise designated. Some campground fees are now 20 bucks a night, so it pays to search out your own spot.

Bryan Coffelt said...

Good to know. I have a tendency to wear out my welcome.