Sunday, September 6, 2009

Some Things That Will Occur In The Near Future

9/6/2009 - This is today. Today is a blank day.

9/7/2009 - This is my last day of work at the airport. I will be here from 8am to 12pm and I will probably just read blogs and drink coffee. Then I will gather some things from my parents house and drive up to Ashland. This will likely be my last night in Ashland.

9/8/2009 - I think I will wake up early this day and pick up my friend Corey. We will drive a few hours to the Sky Lakes Wilderness and backpack for 2 nights and 3 days.

9/9/2009 - Will probably be camping and hiking.

9/10/2009 - We will return from hiking in the Sky Lakes Wilderness. I will drive back to Weed and try to pack my belongings. Might pick up a U-Haul truck on this day.

9/11/2009 - I will pack all of my stuff into the U-Haul and drive to Portland. There is a possibility I will stop at a few places on the way. When I get to my new apartment, I will unpack my things from the U-Haul and then probably return the U-Haul to "Stan's Restaurant Equipment" -- a business that seems to offer both restaurant equipment and U-Haul trucks. At some point during the day I will think "9/11 -- Never Forget." After I drop off the U-Haul and return to my apartment I will begin the process of "trying to get used to things." This may take several weeks or even months.

9/12/2009 - 9/27/2009 - These are blank days.

9/28/2009 - On this day I will start grad school at PSU and feel a little bit overwhelmed but hopefully calm and serious.

9/29/2009 - ? As of right now these are blank days.

4 comments:

DJ Berndt said...

Blank days are the best and the worst.

jess rowan said...

this comforts me.

Annie Lo said...

Hey, well to fill up some of that blankness: Noah Simons still lives in Portland and attends PSU. He still is making music, I remember you guys jammed once. You guys should collaborate.
This will refresh your memory:
http://www.myspace.com/lariansmusic

I grew up in Portland and attended PSU briefly and the english class I took was phenomenal, but it was the only one I liked. I took a course on Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson. Enjoy the goddamn crazy music scene, that is the biggest thing I miss. Good luck and god's speed.

Bryan Coffelt said...

It turns out that "Stan's Restaurant Equipment" is basically a trailer populated by several dudes in their early 20s who apparently run a U-Haul operation. It reminded me a lot of The Lost Boys.