Friday, December 10, 2010

Some Updates, Plans


It has been a pretty mild fall/start of winter here in Portland. So far, we've had some days that felt like drowning, but not like last year.

This is what it looks like out my office window right now.

Okay, it's not "my office," it's a shared office.

So here are some things I'm doing very soon:

1.) This Sunday Caroline and I are leaving for Columbus, OH, where we'll spend Christmas. It's a "meet the parents" situation. Also, I've never been farther east than th
e Dallas-Fort Worth airport. I'm told it will basically be a tour of her favorite chain restaurants. (Stay tuned, I'll probably be blogging our outings to Cracker Barrel and Waffle House.) I told her there's no way in hell I'm going to this place. Do you see that? That's chili over spaghetti noodles. That's unforgivable. She claims she doesn't like that restaurant, but we'll see.

2.) I am working on an exciting project with several friends. We are starting a design/marketing/writing/editing company called Mammoth Creative Group. The site should be fully functional after the 1st of the year. Another exciting bit of news: I'm starting a small press attached to the company, tentatively named "Mammoth Editions." First title is in the pipeline, more on that later. For now it's a secret. Stay out of my shit, Julian Assange.

3.) We have a kitten. His name is Felix, and he wakes me up in the middle of the night by biting
my back or other parts of my body. Last night I thought about boiling him. Just kidding, he is awesome.

4.) I'll be done with my master's degree in the spring. Not sure what the next step is, but I'm thinking about banging on Wieden+Kennedy's door. Aim high, right?


6.) Santa, I have been mostly nice this year. Mostly nice to myself, but periods of niceness to others as well.

3 comments:

daniel bailey said...

skyline chili is actually really fucking awesome. i recommend trying it. also, i HIGHLY recommend steak n' shake.

Bryan Coffelt said...

i'm told we'll definitely hit a steak 'n shake.

the skyline chili thing seems weird. caroline says it's like cinnamon-y or something?

cinnamon flavored chili over spaghetti noodles covered in a pound of cheddar? it just seems weird.

daniel bailey said...

weird can be delicious.